Courtyard House, St Saviours, Knightsbridge
St Saviours Church was built in two phases between 1870 and 1890, and is Grade Two listed. Located in Wilton Street, just behind Harrods department store in Knightsbridge, the church had a dwindling congregation and a significant redevelopment potential. As well as the Church, the property also included a church hall built in the late 1960’s on a narrow strip of land next to a row of Georgian cottages. The client’s brief was to maximise the usage of the site and so it was decided to place one house on the site of the hall, The Courtyard House. The Courtyard House comprises a new four storey, including a new basement with swimming pool, all constructed through a small opening the size of a garage door.
Architect Trevor Lahif Architects
Client The Raven Group Ltd
Project Value £8.5 million